Durham College and Uoit Magic Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Durham College and Uoit Magic Club

The home of the Durham/Uoit magic the gathering Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introduction thread.

Go down 
+13
Jonzz0000
magicalmunchkin
barindar72
Black Flamingo
Stone
SuperCat
Steven Robert Lindsay
Adam
scottrosenquist
Crimson King
Rawr Bucket
V
Acalia
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

Introduction thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:26 am

Yup, just PM me your email if you wanna get on the email list. All the rooms, dates and times are now set in stone, so that shouldn't be changing, and the worldwake draft is gonna happen in about a month.
Back to top Go down
Jonzz0000
Beginner Poster
Jonzz0000

PostSubject: new to magic/club   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Hey, name is Jon.

I dont go to Durham at this time but i used to for Police Foundations a couple years ago. Im looking for a way to play magic for free (cheap as possible), with some chill other players. Im a bigginner to this game, played many years ago, and i have about 6 decks. (1 is mostly m10, a few from 2008, and 2002)

Im really looking foward to playing again, and hope to join this club if possible.

pS: nice website!
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:36 am

Hey Jon!

Alumni are always welcome to the club, we hold meetings each week if you'd like to check out the events thread. If you want to get on our mailing list PM me your email and full name and I'll get you set up. We have a good mix of casual and competitive players, so there's something for everybody. We also chill a lot during the day at the Student Center if you have free afternoon time, dunno what you're work schedule's like.
Back to top Go down
Jonzz0000
Beginner Poster
Jonzz0000

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Very cool. My email is jonzz 0000 @ hotmail . com

I have many free days since ive been bouncing around in different career ideas, and connot make up my mind yet, lol.

It is very difficult to find a place to play magic casually these days, everyone is so competitive, which is good, but not for a bigginner like.

I cannot make it this week (mon.tues) but im sure i will be able to very soon.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Back to top Go down
DarkFenix
Casual Poster
DarkFenix

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Hey everyone my names Brandyn and I'm a first year at UOIT taking Rad. Science. I never really played MTG until a few weeks ago when I downloaded it to my Xbox360 and found it to be incredibly fun. I'd collected some cards from a long time ago but never used them but hopeully now since I've ordered 98% of my deck I can begin playing casually. I'm looking forward to playing some games and getting to know everyone a bit better.
Back to top Go down
V
Executive
V

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:32 pm

I hope you enjoy the club as much as we do. We're all more than happy to help you out for meetings and casual play. If you ever need something, the forums are around and I'm usually on here all the time rofl.
Back to top Go down
https://durhamuoitmtg.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Marswolf
Beginner Poster

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:30 am

My name is Erik Sheppard I am in first year of Mechanical Engineering. I have played Magic for, I believe, over a year now and am loving it. I don't really have type I play its mostly just a draft for M12 I was in. Generally I have only played with friends, so having more people to play against, or with, should be very interesting. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
DarkFenix
Casual Poster
DarkFenix

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:42 am

Hey Erik glad to hear your joining us. If you need any help people are really friendly here so feel free to ask questions Smile Look forward to meeting you in person at one of the club meets. cheers
Back to top Go down
Acalia
"I'm Curly, Curly Brace!"
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:03 am

Welcome to the club everyone, for those of you who are looking for some beginners to play against I think this is the perfect opportunity for you all to find other beginners and learn together Smile
Back to top Go down
http://zd.hopto.org/
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:14 pm

^That.

We have a pretty wide range of skill among our players, from new to ancient and all manners of ability and styles. You can learn a lot as a new player, just don't be afraid to ask.

There are no stupid questions... Unless you ask the same one 100 times. Wink
Back to top Go down
V
Executive
V

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:23 pm

The only stupid question to ever ask in multiplayer... are you done this turn?
Back to top Go down
Marswolf
Beginner Poster

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Any idea on when everyone is meeting up? Anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:27 pm

V wrote:
The only stupid question to ever ask in multiplayer... are you done this turn?
LMAO!!!

That's a good question to ask if you plan on leaving sometime soon Razz

All official meeting times will be posted here

For any other kind of meet we may just be in the student center second floor. There's typically a few people with magic cards there. I think after the first club meet it might be a little bit easier to spot some of us out as you'd know what we look like then Razz
Back to top Go down
Marswolf
Beginner Poster

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Sorry where do the official meetings take place?
Back to top Go down
DarkFenix
Casual Poster
DarkFenix

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:00 pm

As of right now I don't believe a room has been picked yet. If so the club admins are likely finalizing it with the Student Association. Though last year it was up on the 3rd floor of the A wing on the DC side of campus. I'm sure in the next few days we'll be told which room were all to meet in.
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:55 am

Keep an eye on the event page or the facebook group. I'm hearing there's some delays going on (as usual) with the room allocation, but don't fret - worst case just make your way to the student center second floor around 4:50 on Thursdsay and the execs will be there before the meeting starts and you can just follow them to the room. They'll be easy to spot too - as they will most likely be playing magic.

Last edited by Rawr Bucket on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkFenix
Casual Poster
DarkFenix

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:15 am

Quote :
worst case just make your way to the student center second floor around 4:50 on Friday and the execs will be there before the meeting starts and you can just follow them to the room.

Did we change the meeting days to Tues and Friday? Or is it still Tues, Thurs??
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:15 pm

DarkFenix wrote:
Quote :
worst case just make your way to the student center second floor around 4:50 on Friday and the execs will be there before the meeting starts and you can just follow them to the room.

Did we change the meeting days to Tues and Friday? Or is it still Tues, Thurs??
It's still Tuesday and Thursday. I suppose he forgot that I don't exist on Friday's Razz
Back to top Go down
V
Executive
V

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:05 pm

SO guize when we meting kplax/i needz
to play teh
magicz
for ee dee aych.

ahuehauehae
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:37 pm

haha, cute.

I wonder if EDH would follow everyones playstyle this year as well as it did last year.
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:37 pm

Fix'd. Thursday!
Back to top Go down
astral
Beginner Poster

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:34 pm

A little late for this prob...lol My name is Sean Kell, I am a 3rd year Mechatronics Engineer. I have been playing magic for about 9 years, and am a heavy red player Razz. I look forward to many a fun matches.
Back to top Go down
teepatt
Microposter
teepatt

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:34 pm

oh hey.

I'm Tyler, second year Con Ed at UOIT. I love me some blue, and abusing Fact or Fiction... slash just using it ... a lot. Smile EDH and Legacy are what I play, and love trying to find shenanigans to abuse (...ie Kami EDH Razz) .

Can't wait for more epic EDH matches, like Thursday, throughout the year Smile
Back to top Go down
V
Executive
V

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:57 pm

I assure you, they only get sillier from now on.
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:02 pm

V wrote:
I assure you, they only get sillier from now on.
May the lord of wu prevail...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction thread.   Introduction thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction thread.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next