Durham College and Uoit Magic Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Durham College and Uoit Magic Club

The home of the Durham/Uoit magic the gathering Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Artificial Burn Deck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Legendary Josh
Casual Poster
Legendary Josh

Artificial Burn Deck Empty
PostSubject: Artificial Burn Deck   Artificial Burn Deck Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Brought the prelim in today and fiddled with it, then got home and came up with this. Wondering on throughts.

Metal Worker x4
Ornithopter x4
Frogmite x4
Myr Enforcer x4
Arcbound Ravager x4

Banefire x4
Demonfire x4
Fireball x4
Dark Ritual x4
Thought Seize x4

Darksteel Citadel x4
Great Furnace x4
Vault of Whispers x4
Badlands x4
Blood Crypt x4

*Either badlands or Crypt can likely be run with basic mountain instead*

Haven't come up with a side board yet.

Main Condition is obviously pumping the Bane/Demonfire's with Metal Workers for some serious early game damage. Running a deck that can't counter 1st turn can allow me to deal 10-12 dmg 2nd turn that can't be countered.

2nd Condition should hopefully be the Arcbound which is a scary creature to have floating around on the field and should have enough artifacts to support it. In my play testing I have been able to drop 3-4 turn kills on a 3/5 ratio. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
V
Executive
V

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Burn Deck   Artificial Burn Deck Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:20 am

Drop demonfire for another burn spell.

You kindof want a hand for the metalworkers, making hellbent useless.

What is the thopter and ravager for?

They seem a bit out of place :S

What about seething song as well maybe?
Back to top Go down
https://durhamuoitmtg.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Legendary Josh
Casual Poster
Legendary Josh

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Burn Deck   Artificial Burn Deck Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:26 am

My worry with Seething Song is that it maybe two slow, being a 3 cast for 5 mana card, when I am look to be dulling out damage that turn. The idea with Demon Fire, is that I can use the artifacts in my hand to feed the metal worker and then hopefully being Thopters and Affinity I can drop them all into play making the Demonfire so it can't be countered or prevented like the Banefire.

Would you have an idea of what other Burnspell would work nicely in there? Or an alternate on maybe what creatures I could run.

(Thopter/Ravager are also there for quick drop with Thopter and powerful creature with the Ravager that can pump another creature if he dies. I was thinking on Platinum Angel and Darksteel Collossus in there instead.)
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Burn Deck   Artificial Burn Deck Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:09 pm

It looks like a strange version of Ravager Affinity with a burn ramp splash, why not use Disciple of the Vault? You're running black and a wack of artifacts, you might as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Burn Deck   Artificial Burn Deck Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artificial Burn Deck
Page 1 of 1