Durham College and Uoit Magic Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Durham College and Uoit Magic Club

The home of the Durham/Uoit magic the gathering Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New EDH Rules

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Acalia
"I'm Curly, Curly Brace!"
Acalia

New EDH Rules Empty
PostSubject: New EDH Rules   New EDH Rules Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:31 am

Apparently there are some new EDH rules I thought I might post here for discussion. The reason this is important is because were thinking of running an EDH league. The rules are as followed;

The first new rule is that the general doesnt stay in the exiled zone. It has a zone all on its own called the command zone. Now this means that if your general is hit with a path of exile you may choose to put it into the command zone(yes you still get the land Razz) but this is interesting as if your mindslavered and your opponent paths your creature the player taking control of your turn may choose to not take the replacement effect and put it in the exiled zone, where you cant recast it from.

The second new rule is a mulligan rule to help stop mana flooding. The rule states;

"Instead of regular mulligans, a player may exile any number of cards in their hand and draw that many cards minus one. They can keep doing this as many times as they like, and when they finally get a hand they want to keep, all the exiled cards are shuffled back into their library."

This is interesting as It allows for a way to get rid of a mana flooded hand but will keep the player from mulling just for there combo Razz.

And another cool thing not really a rule but cards may now be played legally from the time of there pre-released.

So now discuss!
Back to top Go down
http://zd.hopto.org/
Acalia (old)
Acalia (old)

New EDH Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EDH Rules   New EDH Rules Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:45 pm

The first rule is such a rare thing to happen. I think i've only had someone mindslaver me once in EDH, as a personal opinion it sounds good to go. Do it to a few people and their decks are almost 100% shut-down though.

For the mulligen, what about our two free mulligens? (one for house, and one for multiplayer assuming you're playing with multiple people).
Back to top Go down
V
Executive
V

New EDH Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EDH Rules   New EDH Rules Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Command zone seems more of an added feature, so its all good I guess, seems kinda redundant imho.

As long as you have the option to throw it wherever, whenever.

Mulls seem good the way they are really, no one really abuses them.

More importantly, we should discuss a ban list for EDH of our own.
Back to top Go down
https://durhamuoitmtg.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Acalia (old)
Acalia (old)

New EDH Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EDH Rules   New EDH Rules Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:32 pm

V wrote:
More importantly, we should discuss a ban list for EDH of our own.
Jitte? Rolling Eyes
(that was sarcastic btw)

Is Barren Glory banned? I have a strong dislike for cards which you can simply "win" the game with. It can stop a very fun game if no one has a method of preventing it at that time.
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

New EDH Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EDH Rules   New EDH Rules Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:30 pm

I don't think Barren Glory is banned simply because it's so ridiculously impossible to get off.
Back to top Go down
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

New EDH Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EDH Rules   New EDH Rules Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:44 pm

I've tried a WR one with wild cantor, simian spirit guide, greater gargadon, lost auramancers, wall of shards, magus of the tabernacle, claws of gix, and barren glory, with dawn and fury charms. Yeah....it's not consistent. I think i pulled it off once or twice.
Back to top Go down
V
Executive
V

New EDH Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EDH Rules   New EDH Rules Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:05 pm

O Ring Barren Glory
Play Apocalypse
???????????????
Profit
Back to top Go down
https://durhamuoitmtg.darkbb.com/forum.htm
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

New EDH Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EDH Rules   New EDH Rules Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:20 pm

empty hand too.
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

New EDH Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EDH Rules   New EDH Rules Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:00 am

Well, Barren Glory aside I think we could try this new mulligan system a few times if people are up for it to see how it runs, otherwise I don't mind still using the old system until enough players pressure for us to change it. As for the command zone, I personally dislike it, as you should not be allowed to permanently remove a player's General like that. However, as stated above it would be quite unlikely to be able to actually pull something like that off, Bant Charm or Hallowed Burial are way more effective long-term anti-general tools.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New EDH Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EDH Rules   New EDH Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New EDH Rules
Page 1 of 1