Durham College and Uoit Magic Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Durham College and Uoit Magic Club

The home of the Durham/Uoit magic the gathering Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gideon Jura

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

Gideon Jura Empty
PostSubject: Gideon Jura   Gideon Jura Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:41 am

I was looking up Gideon for a price check and noticed that he's got a lot of rules faqs. No really, like, A LOT. In particular, regarding his "turns into a creature" rulings.

Here's an example:

Say you activate Gideon Jura's third ability, then an opponent gains control of him before combat. You may have any of your creatures attack Gideon Jura (since he's still a planeswalker). Then Gideon Jura may block (since he's a creature). He may block any eligible attacking creature, including one that's attacking him! During combat, he behaves as an attacked planeswalker and/or a blocking creature, as appropriate. For example, he deals combat damage to any creatures he's blocking, but he doesn't deal combat damage to any unblocked creatures that are attacking him.

So yeah, anybody have any questions, comments, combos, etc. revolving around this rules mess of a planeswalker? I know you do Mr. Connor, so let's here it!
Back to top Go down
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

Gideon Jura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gideon Jura   Gideon Jura Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:09 pm

I'm sad that Mirror Gallery cannot create a Gideon fight. Sad
Back to top Go down
Acalia
"I'm Curly, Curly Brace!"
Acalia

Gideon Jura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gideon Jura   Gideon Jura Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:27 am

Is there anything that can become severely messed up through doing this? (taking someone elses creaturified-gideon)
Back to top Go down
http://zd.hopto.org/
Changer628
Casual Poster

Gideon Jura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gideon Jura   Gideon Jura Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:46 pm

I knew about how confusing Gideon was, which is why I find it weird that they brought him back in a core set, which likes to target newer players.
Back to top Go down
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

Gideon Jura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gideon Jura   Gideon Jura Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:23 pm

Though the chances of a new player pulling one is quite low. I don't think it would have come up that often.
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

Gideon Jura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gideon Jura   Gideon Jura Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Question about Gideon Jura.

Consider this: Gideon Jura is attacking while one of the following is in play:

Excruciator, Leyline of Punishment, Everlasting Torment, or Whippoorwill

Would he lose loyalty counters if an enemy creature were to block him?

Similarly, consider the following: Gideon Jura is defending while one of the following is in play:

Excruciator, Leyline of Punishment, Everlasting Torment, or Whippoorwill

Would he lose loyalty counters if he were to block an enemy creature whom is attacking the player? Would he lose loyalty counters if an unblocked creature were to attack him?
Back to top Go down
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

Gideon Jura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gideon Jura   Gideon Jura Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:27 pm

"If you activate Gideon Jura's third ability and then unpreventable damage is dealt to him (due to Unstable Footing, for example), that damage has all applicable results: specifically, the damage is marked on Gideon Jura (since he's a creature) and that damage causes that many loyalty counters to be removed from him (since he's a planeswalker). If the total amount of damage marked on Gideon Jura is lethal damage, he's destroyed as a state-based action. If Gideon Jura has no loyalty counters on him, he's put into his owner's graveyard as a state-based action."

"Say you activate Gideon Jura's third ability, then an opponent gains control of him before combat. You may have any of your creatures attack Gideon Jura (since he's still a planeswalker). Then Gideon Jura may block (since he's a creature). He may block any eligible attacking creature, including one that's attacking him! During combat, he behaves as an attacked planeswalker and/or a blocking creature, as appropriate. For example, he deals combat damage to any creatures he's blocking, but he doesn't deal combat damage to any unblocked creatures that are attacking him."
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

Gideon Jura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gideon Jura   Gideon Jura Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Basically Excruciator, Leyline of Punishment, Everlasting Torment, or Whippoorwill are all Gideon Jura rape.

lololol
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

Gideon Jura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gideon Jura   Gideon Jura Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:37 pm

I love how complicated he is, and yet they still decided to reprint him in a core set for the masses of casual players to enjoy and figure out. Go Wizards?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gideon Jura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gideon Jura   Gideon Jura Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gideon Jura
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Durham College and Uoit Magic Club :: Formats and Deckbuilding :: Rules and Regulations Discussion-
Jump to: