Durham College and Uoit Magic Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Durham College and Uoit Magic Club

The home of the Durham/Uoit magic the gathering Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring Empty
PostSubject: Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring   Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:35 am

Good News.

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/723
Back to top Go down
DarkFenix
Casual Poster
DarkFenix

PostSubject: Re: Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring   Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:53 am

I actually really like the artwork of that Sol ring much better then the older one! I'm exicted to see what else will be in each deck.
Back to top Go down
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

PostSubject: Re: Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring   Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:32 am

Also, we get a set of flavour text, which is nice. It's the same text the From The Vaults: Relics ones got, but at least it's something. The originals didn't have any flavour text at all.
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring   Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:47 am

Seriously, the hell. Also, WHY IS IT PRINTED AT UNCOMMON??? I know it doesn't really matter, but still...
Back to top Go down
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

PostSubject: Re: Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring   Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:55 pm

They seem to be using Sol Rings original rarity. Does not make sense when you consider the decision to print it as a mythic rare in FTV: Relics. Very confusing.
Back to top Go down
Changer628
Casual Poster

PostSubject: Re: Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring   Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:41 pm

scottrosenquist wrote:
They seem to be using Sol Rings original rarity. Does not make sense when you consider the decision to print it as a mythic rare in FTV: Relics. Very confusing.

I really don't see why they print all the FTV as Mythic :S. If anything, they should leave it in the original rarity for reference.
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring   Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Agreed. As much as I like having a promotional foil Top, it's really confusing to other players because they keep thinking it's a mythic rare when it's A) From a set that never had mythics, and B) an uncommon.

Also, Sol Ring was an uncommon? Jesus what the hell is wrong with Wizards...oh well. Free Sol Ring with every purchase! It's like ordering the kids meal at Mc Donald's.
Back to top Go down
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

PostSubject: Re: Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring   Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Other broken Alpha Uncommons:

Demonic Tutor
Berserk
Regrowth
Black Vise
Channel
Control Magic
Psionic Blast
Animate Dead

Yup...

Oh, and Sinkhole was a common. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring   Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:56 am

Knew about Sinkhole and Regrowth, not surprised with Demonic Tutor considering the power nine list was way worse...Psionic Blast is still at uncommon reprint...Animate Dead not surprised....

Channel I didn't realize, Black Vice and Control Magic I forget what they even do.

I just love how the original color cycle in one casting was common, common, common, POWER NINE $600 CARD, common.

Ok fine, suddenly Sol Ring in uncommon doesn't sound so bad anymore, although in today's world it's still OP for an uncommon....really OP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring   Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Each commander deck to include a Sol Ring
Page 1 of 1