Durham College and Uoit Magic Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Durham College and Uoit Magic Club

The home of the Durham/Uoit magic the gathering Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need assistance finding a general for deck.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkFenix
Casual Poster
DarkFenix

Need assistance finding a general for deck. Empty
PostSubject: Need assistance finding a general for deck.   Need assistance finding a general for deck. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:18 am

Hey everyone I've been looking at just making a fun and wacky edh deck centered around bugs or beasts. Anyone know of a Green or Red/Green Lengendary bug or beast? I was searching last night and came up with nothing for bugs/insects/spiders sadly but thats not to say I may have over looked something. I'm sure there are some fun legnedary beasts to play with if not legenday bugs exist so any suggestions?

*edit* Found exactly what i needed and the perfect colours "Xira Arien "
Back to top Go down
Acalia
"I'm Curly, Curly Brace!"
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Need assistance finding a general for deck.   Need assistance finding a general for deck. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:32 am

Well you only had 3 options for Legendary Insect or Legendary Beast...

Uril, the Miststalker,
Thriss, Nantuko Primus, and
Xira Arien

Xira Arien makes you join the "Legends General" club with me though, which is good. I have 3 of them going on Wink
Back to top Go down
http://zd.hopto.org/
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

PostSubject: Re: Need assistance finding a general for deck.   Need assistance finding a general for deck. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:17 pm

A Thriss insect EDH deck would be impressive. Though can't go wrong with a card draw engine if you can stretch to black.

Aiden, is that a challenge to build a Stangg deck?
Back to top Go down
Acalia
"I'm Curly, Curly Brace!"
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Need assistance finding a general for deck.   Need assistance finding a general for deck. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Sure, if you want two 3/4's that are linked together for 6 lol.
Back to top Go down
http://zd.hopto.org/
DarkFenix
Casual Poster
DarkFenix

PostSubject: Re: Need assistance finding a general for deck.   Need assistance finding a general for deck. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:46 am

I'm leaning heavily towards Xira. There are a lot of really fun insect/bug spells in red/black/green so I'd prob use green as the main colour and do token generation since there seems to be a fair amount of that, use black to return from gy and red give myself some removal options.

opinions or suggestions are welcome
Back to top Go down
Havens
Extended Poster
Havens

PostSubject: Re: Need assistance finding a general for deck.   Need assistance finding a general for deck. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Dont forget black has some really good removal too:

Need assistance finding a general for deck. ImageNeed assistance finding a general for deck. ImageNeed assistance finding a general for deck. Image

And graveyard recursion isn't only a black thing:

Need assistance finding a general for deck. ImageNeed assistance finding a general for deck. ImageNeed assistance finding a general for deck. ImageNeed assistance finding a general for deck. Image

Here is one in particular the you might find useful, considering it is an insect

Need assistance finding a general for deck. Image

Lastly, Green isn't the only token generator out there, black has some insect makers there

Need assistance finding a general for deck. ImageNeed assistance finding a general for deck. ImageNeed assistance finding a general for deck. Image

That last one, Tooth and Claw is great if you have doubling season or parallel lives and any "hit the graveyard" effects. you sac 2, get 2. Also useful for combat tricks.

hope this all helps

Edit: The card Carrion has had "Maggots" errated to "insects" just so you know
Back to top Go down
DarkFenix
Casual Poster
DarkFenix

PostSubject: Re: Need assistance finding a general for deck.   Need assistance finding a general for deck. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:37 pm

That was very helpful! Thank you. I'm trying to keep this decks cost under 100 bucks lol so might not be able to include damnation and doubling season. Though parallel lives can take the place of doubling season and as you said there are cheaper mass removal spells then damnation. the deck may not be as quick as it could be but this decks aimed more at having fun not trying to crush your opponent to dust by turn 2 lol. Plus whats more fun then swarms of things? lol
Back to top Go down
Havens
Extended Poster
Havens

PostSubject: Re: Need assistance finding a general for deck.   Need assistance finding a general for deck. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:03 pm

If you are worried about the speed of the deck (the fact that plague wind costs significantly more the damnation), maybe try putting in a little bit of ramp, green is a pretty good colour for that.

Have you got enough dual-type lands to support it?

also, when you said swarms of things, it reminded me of this Need assistance finding a general for deck. Image

I think it could be useful Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need assistance finding a general for deck.   Need assistance finding a general for deck. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need assistance finding a general for deck.
Page 1 of 1