Durham College and Uoit Magic Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Durham College and Uoit Magic Club

The home of the Durham/Uoit magic the gathering Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Casual Slivers?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Acalia
"I'm Curly, Curly Brace!"
Acalia

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:01 am

I was thinking of making a sliver deck where my win-con isn't me beating the poop outta you with muscle/sinew slivers... It'd use Psionic Slivers to win, and Dormant Slivers for draw. Obviously a casual deck as it can easily get ruined. I just thought it'd be interesting.

Here's my current deck list:

Quote :

Name Set Amt
Dormant Sliver Planar Chaos 4
Psionic Sliver Time Spiral 4
Might Sliver Time Spiral 4
Gemhide Sliver Time Spiral 4
Spinneret Sliver Time Spiral 4

Riptide Replicator Onslaught 4
Mana Reflection Shadowmoor 4
Urza's Incubator Urza's Destiny 4
Counterbore Shadowmoor 4
Rune Snag Coldsnap 4

Terramorphic Expanse Time Spiral/10/2010/2011 4
Island 8
Forest 9

Thoughts?

Last edited by Acalia on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://zd.hopto.org/
Havens
Extended Poster
Havens

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Terramorphics or simic signets for colour fixing?

Or maybe this :

Shapesharer

if you need an extra might sliver or dormant sliver, he can help you out, for that extra draw, or the extra bonus to keep everything alive?
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:41 pm

We should have a sliver tournament. It would be total insanity.
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:36 pm

Terramorphics could work. That'd be a playset or two extra morphic's that I'd need. Shapesharer is an interesting idea, but for the draw it'd be WAY to expensive. It could only be used to pump (and at that point i might as well add muscle sliver, but I wanted to stray away from the 2/2 for 2 that pumps every damn sliver i got).

Edit: I've been told to add Riptide Replicator to my list of Slolvers. (S-LOL-vers!)

Also, Updated my list after much talk. I lost a hard counter spell, but the rune snag also means that I wont need to rely on UU to counter people playing naughty things.
Back to top Go down
Havens
Extended Poster
Havens

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Acalia wrote:
Terramorphics could work. That'd be a playset or two extra morphic's that I'd need. Shapesharer is an interesting idea, but for the draw it'd be WAY to expensive. It could only be used to pump (and at that point i might as well add muscle sliver, but I wanted to stray away from the 2/2 for 2 that pumps every damn sliver i got).

Edit: I've been told to add Riptide Replicator to my list of Slolvers. (S-LOL-vers!)

Also, Updated my list after much talk. I lost a hard counter spell, but the rune snag also means that I wont need to rely on UU to counter people playing naughty things.

the shapesharer is also a good card, should your opponent play a big scary, you can make a copy of it, or a legendary, you can blow it up.
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Quick Sliver is fun, so is Frenetic Sliver if you feel like splashing red. Telekinetic Sliver could be an interesting lock-down tool.
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:38 am

Flash is fun stuff, but hardly necessary for the deck. Similar to vedalken orrery being a tasteless card unless your deck actually does something with it.

If I wan Frenetic Sliver I could just rely on gemhides to cast it in the worst case scenario. Problem is how do I recur my poor graveyarded slivers if I fail at coin flipping? D:
(PS. Frenetic Sliver would make me draw again from Dormant Sliver, which could mill me if I have enough Dormant Slivers out)

Shapesharer is a maybe, but it's really high costing for that ability and I'd probably take out my Reach slivers... But then flying ruins me.
Back to top Go down
Havens
Extended Poster
Havens

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:06 am

Acalia wrote:
Flash is fun stuff, but hardly necessary for the deck. Similar to vedalken orrery being a tasteless card unless your deck actually does something with it.

If I wan Frenetic Sliver I could just rely on gemhides to cast it in the worst case scenario. Problem is how do I recur my poor graveyarded slivers if I fail at coin flipping? D:
(PS. Frenetic Sliver would make me draw again from Dormant Sliver, which could mill me if I have enough Dormant Slivers out)

Shapesharer is a maybe, but it's really high costing for that ability and I'd probably take out my Reach slivers... But then flying ruins me.

You Could always run 1 or 2 of some other slivers, then a playset of homing so you can go grab them when you want them.
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:51 am

Hmm, that could work.

Take out 3 of the reachers, and some counter I suppose?

Is Slivercycling instant speed? It doesn't state it in any of the quick rulings, before I pull out the comprehensive I thought I'd ask.

On an unrelated note, Mask of the Mimic should be put into some of our EDH decks. "oh a blightsteel... I'll sac and search for my own."
Back to top Go down
Havens
Extended Poster
Havens

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:00 am

Acalia wrote:
Hmm, that could work.

Take out 3 of the reachers, and some counter I suppose?

Is Slivercycling instant speed? It doesn't state it in any of the quick rulings, before I pull out the comprehensive I thought I'd ask.

On an unrelated note, Mask of the Mimic should be put into some of our EDH decks. "oh a blightsteel... I'll sac and search for my own."

the mask is icky

and yeah sliver cycling is instant, like any other kind of cycling, its an activated ability.

Its like being able to use the spirit guides at instant speed because its an activated ability (with no speed restrictions printed on the card)

you can use those slivers earlier on to tutor for ones you want, then later on, if you want to, you could always drop one with the gemhide. Also, if you decided to run any of the changeling spells (that arent creatures), this can find them for you.
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Not running any changeling spells. Being blue/green makes them all suck basically. Crib swap and nameless inversions are the only two one's i'd think of using.
Back to top Go down
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:53 am

Hehe, I like Crib Swap and Nameless Inversion.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 10:22 pm

scottrosenquist wrote:
Hehe, I like Crib Swap and Nameless Inversion.

Very Happy
I those were either green or blue, it'd be fantastic! Razz

I still haven't built this deck... It's sitting beside me with half the cards missing >.>
Back to top Go down
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:13 am

A casual addition to blue slivers could be some Xenograft/Mind Control fun. Steal your opponents creatures and morph them into slivers? Works well with Winged/Shifting/Horned/Shadow/Reflex Sliver. Or you could play some Vedalken AEthermages to bounce your own slivers, or your opponents slivers in the mirror match.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Black Flamingo
Microposter
Black Flamingo

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Hivestone's a bit easier to get out than Xenograft if one's going that route.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grueslair.com
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:36 pm

Very true Dave. Very true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Casual Slivers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casual Slivers?   Casual Slivers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Casual Slivers?
Page 1 of 1