Durham College and Uoit Magic Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Durham College and Uoit Magic Club

The home of the Durham/Uoit magic the gathering Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Intruder Alarm Combo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

Intruder Alarm Combo Empty
PostSubject: Intruder Alarm Combo   Intruder Alarm Combo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:18 pm

So I'm going to try and recreate one of the tournament decks that managed to hit top 8 in one of the regionals last year, it's a blue/green infinite combo deck based on Intruder Alarm. So far the basic deck construction looks like this:

Intruder Alarm x4
Llanowar Elves x4
Birds of Paradise x4
Imperious Perfect x4
Sprout Swarm x4
Essence Warden x4
Coiling Oracle x4

Should be fun, I'm curious to see how it would stand up in multiplayer, with all that burn and removal floating around. Oh, there's a bit of counterspell in the deck to to prevent such nastiness ^_^
Back to top Go down
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alarm Combo   Intruder Alarm Combo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:26 pm

Something else you could add to that, try Puppet Conjurer, with a Grinding or Blasting Station, plus a Silver Myr or Scuttlemutt. Rinse and Repeat.
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alarm Combo   Intruder Alarm Combo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:31 pm

I was looking at the old Intruder Alert! Articles on the MTG site and I saw the Blasting Station and went oooooh!
Puppet Conjurer's black though, which could be difficult to splash. The Silver myr reminds me of the green version though, which I might use. I'll probably look around for another green tapping creature maker though.
Back to top Go down
Acalia (old)
"I'm Curly, Curly Brace!"
Acalia (old)

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alarm Combo   Intruder Alarm Combo Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:25 am

You should stick Godsire in there after what i did to you Wink

mewhahaha
Back to top Go down
http://zd.hopto.org/
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alarm Combo   Intruder Alarm Combo Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:33 pm

It's an awsome card to go with Intruder Alarm I can't lie, unfortunately it's way to expensive for my deck to get out, plus it's not in my colours. *sadface* Sad
Back to top Go down
cashrow5
Beginner Poster

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alarm Combo   Intruder Alarm Combo Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:00 am

Hi
Wht is this i am not getting

[Message from admin: dont advertise]
Back to top Go down
http://www.dontadvertise.com
Acalia
"I'm Curly, Curly Brace!"
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alarm Combo   Intruder Alarm Combo Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:31 am

Basically Intruder Alarm is a card which untaps all creatures when a creature enters the battlefield. This allows for massive combos using anything that has {T} to add mana, or {T} to add a creature of some sort. In this case he is going to play a bunch of creatures, then use any remaining creatures to convoke his Sprout Swarm, making an insanely large amount of Saproling tokens if I'm not mistaken.

I hope that cleared it up for ya.
Back to top Go down
http://zd.hopto.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intruder Alarm Combo   Intruder Alarm Combo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intruder Alarm Combo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Durham College and Uoit Magic Club :: Formats and Deckbuilding :: Current Formats-
Jump to: