Durham College and Uoit Magic Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Durham College and Uoit Magic Club

The home of the Durham/Uoit magic the gathering Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reserved Generals List

Go down 
+14
DarkFenix
Changer628
Roska
magicalmunchkin
Acalia
ctm-c
biomonkey
Black Flamingo
Legendary Josh
asdasddsa
Rawr Bucket
Acalia (old)
Havens
V
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Havens
Extended Poster
Havens

Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 8:31 am

teepatt wrote:
I'd like to reserve Kami of the Crescent Moon as my general... though I doubt anyone will play him as a general specifically Razz

I also have built:

--The Mimeoplasm

--Ghave

And I'm building a Uril and a Grimgrin (once INN is released) Very Happy

...and I'm Tyler... Smile

thats kinda funny, i just built a deck using that kami Razz

But dont worry, I probably wont play him a whole lot, since i built the deck as a support deck for a 2 headed giant match. So playing him in a regular multiplayer game or one on one would be very bad for me =P
Back to top Go down
Acalia
"I'm Curly, Curly Brace!"
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:24 pm

teepatt wrote:
I'd like to reserve Kami of the Crescent Moon as my general... though I doubt anyone will play him as a general specifically Razz
Added you to the list.
Back to top Go down
http://zd.hopto.org/
astral
Beginner Poster

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:17 pm

I'd like to reserve Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund. I'm Sean.

Back to top Go down
Changer628
Casual Poster

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi Sean,

I'm Mike.
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:40 pm

Added you to the list Sean, and welcome to the forums!
Back to top Go down
astral
Beginner Poster

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy, I think I meet a few of you on Thursday this past week. And Dave took Niv which I was so gonna play >.> lol. I look forward to many a battles ^^
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

astral wrote:
Thanks guys Very Happy, I think I meet a few of you on Thursday this past week. And Dave took Niv which I was so gonna play >.> lol. I look forward to many a battles ^^
Ah XD Guess you were a couple of years too late to get Niv then Razz

If he's not playing Niv-Mizzet, The Firemind then you can by all means play him. List is just there so we won't have two people playing the same generals (especially if someone plays one general a lot).
Back to top Go down
astral
Beginner Poster

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Ya, I was gonna join this club in first year, just never found the time lol and its been about 2 years since I stopped playing so its nice to get back into it again >Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Havens
Extended Poster
Havens

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:32 am

Acalia wrote:
astral wrote:
Ah XD Guess you were a couple of years too late to get Niv then Razz

If he's not playing Niv-Mizzet, The Firemind then you can by all means play him. List is just there so we won't have two people playing the same generals (especially if someone plays one general a lot).

Yeah, I have a couple of other EDH decks which I can play. But don't expect me not to single target you the entire game for stealing him. (Joking of course).

If I really want to play the deck though, I could always make Jhoira the general for a game or two (granted it makes a couple of the combos a lot less effective..)

I'm looking forward to seeing how your deck runs at any rate.

P.S. I've had Niv-Mizzet for about... 20 months or so
Back to top Go down
V
Executive
V

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:05 am

If you play Jhoira Dave, I will destroy you over and over and over.

Bloody tiered anti-fun generals (I"m looking at you, ZUR)
Back to top Go down
https://durhamuoitmtg.darkbb.com/forum.htm
astral
Beginner Poster

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:40 am

Havens wrote:

I'm looking forward to seeing how your deck runs at any rate.

P.S. I've had Niv-Mizzet for about... 20 months or so

Oh what a coincidence I've had mine since Guild pact Very Happy. Just not in EDH lol I'm not expecting the deck to be anything amazing off the bat. I'm still trying to get the feel for the format lol.
Back to top Go down
V
Executive
V

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 4:40 pm

Well I guess its time to make a

BUILD YOUR OWN EDH thread, with tips/tricks, deck styles and with common cards and necessities.
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:22 pm

Volpe, if I were to build a new EDH deck for multiplayer/screwing around (ie not like the competitivish shenanigans I usually wind up making nowadays) what general would you think I could use, but not abuse? Something fun, synergetic, comboes well but not is not unfun to play against?

I mean, I've got Rhys and Wort, but 2 tribal decks and 3 high-level builds seems a bit one-sided (the other 3 being Eldrazi which people tend to dispise unless they cast Shatterstorm or a Mind Control effect, Skithiryx which is designed for 1v1 and just one-shots people in multiplayer before getting run over, and Child which we all know is just a big dill).

Suggestions!! I've had my share of random builds, but this time I could try imposing a $100-$200 price limit on the entire deck to challenge myself to think outside the box. (So no duals, fetches, or other legacy staples unless no other card could replace the ability).

Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Rakdos the Defiler. Do it.

If you wuss out, then run one of these:

Crosis, the Purger
Homura, Human Ascendant
Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
Ixidor, Reality Sculptor
Kresh the Bloodbraided
Lovisa Coldeyes
Lu Xun, Scholar General
Lyzolda, the Blood Witch

(i got bored at L)
Back to top Go down
V
Executive
V

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Hit up a general from Legends!

Or some bad Kamigawa one.

Tr finding something with forced synergy or something which seems clunky. Either that or make a theme deck.
Back to top Go down
Changer628
Casual Poster

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 6:01 pm

Norin the Weary. Very Happy

Last edited by Rawr Bucket on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix'd!)
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:33 pm

Psst, he's cautious, not tired Razz
Back to top Go down
Changer628
Casual Poster

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:01 am

Rawr Bucket wrote:

Hahaha my bad.
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:07 am

Rawr Bucket wrote:
10/10 troll. lol

There's a good slew of interesting generals you could run. Any colours you were thinking of so we can narrow these lulz down?
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:16 am

I seem to be pretty bad at comboing red with anything, so let's go Red and another colour (not blue or else Dave would slaughter my soul). Maybe Red White or Red Black Green?
Back to top Go down
V
Executive
V

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 8:38 am

Red Black- Rakdos, Bladewing, Boris, Malefegor
Red Green - Borborygmos, Livonya Silone, Stangg
Red White - Razia

Red Black Green - Bartel, Darigaaz, Karrthus, Kresh, Vaevictis Asmadi, Xira Arien

Ya and I'm out of time!
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer looks pretty cool for Red White.
Adun Oakenshield has some nice graveyard recursion for Red Black Green.
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Jor Kadeen, now that looks like something I would run. I think we've found our winner people.
Back to top Go down
Acalia
Acalia

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:08 am

I win!
Back to top Go down
DarkFenix
Casual Poster
DarkFenix

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:33 pm

I'd like to change my reserved to Maga, Trailor to Mortals since that decks actually built minus 3 cards but I've found substitues ...for now Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reserved Generals List   Reserved Generals List - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reserved Generals List
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next