Durham College and Uoit Magic Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Durham College and Uoit Magic Club

The home of the Durham/Uoit magic the gathering Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alara Reborn Opinions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

Alara Reborn Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Alara Reborn Opinions   Alara Reborn Opinions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:53 pm

K so ... some cards have been spoiled so far. The borderposts, while having great art, seem to suck, unless theres some amazingly huge bonuses for having multi coloured permanents. Terminates back. Thought Hemorrage seems broken. Cascade mechanic seems like it could be easily broken or OP. That, or stupid. Cycling is back, and two land types on each of 5 creatures, commons, I might have to pick them up for my EDH deck. Seems to be a new Artifact Akroma in Sphinx of the Steel Wind. Jenara and Thraximundar seem cool, would be great in EDH. (I think all I think about is EDH...). Hybrid golds are interesting, makes drafting a little bit more flexible. Also a 1GB Sorcery destroy target non-land permanent and each permanent with the same name, that'll be interesting. I want everyone elses views. If there isn't going to be a club meeting, I need another way to get my fix. I also wanna hear who all is going to still be playing in the area this summer. Yay BLOCK of text!
Back to top Go down
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Alara Reborn Opinions   Alara Reborn Opinions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:38 pm

Yup you pretty much summed it up, shit's hit the fan with this set pretty hard as far as the block goes. I'm saddened that there's only going to be one new 5 colour spell, I would've liked some more 5c bombs for EDH. Well, it better be a Legendary creature so someone can General it up (Kyler, I'm looking at you!) The GB Vindicate's busted as shit, and the Thought Hemorrhage/Terminate bombs are gonna beef the crap out of R/B in Standard.

The Spellbreaker Behemoth is going to define Naya aggro, getting myself a playset asap. Suddenly an unplayable (at least in standard constructed) deck type is going to emerge, with all the big boomers out there just reaching for the chance to say hello in T2. I'm not sure how much of what we've been shown is going to head back as far as legacy (other than that new Vindicate that hits same name cards), but we'll see.

Only a week until prerelease! (And end of exams woot!)
Back to top Go down
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

PostSubject: Re: Alara Reborn Opinions   Alara Reborn Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:16 am

How much do pre-releases cost, and are there any happening in Oshawa?
Back to top Go down
V
Executive
V

PostSubject: Re: Alara Reborn Opinions   Alara Reborn Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:23 pm

No comment on Alara Reborn.

I refuse to put my biased opinion on these poor virgin forums.

EDIT: Fine, Thraximundar looks pretty damn cool. Thats only because he reminds me of classic MTG.
Back to top Go down
https://durhamuoitmtg.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Rawr Bucket
Extended Poster
Rawr Bucket

PostSubject: Re: Alara Reborn Opinions   Alara Reborn Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:11 pm

There'll be a midnight draft at Skyfox on Friday night, which is $30, and a Saturday noon draft at Worlds Collide. There's also going to be multiple drafts downtown on Saturday, which I'll be going to after the Skyfox midnight one.
Back to top Go down
scottrosenquist
Standard Poster
scottrosenquist

PostSubject: Re: Alara Reborn Opinions   Alara Reborn Opinions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:00 am

So far I'm liking the look of Alara Reborn Naya Aggro Limited, though only a third of the set has been spoiled so far. Cerodon Yearlings, Qasali Pridemages, a couple posts at common, throw in a couple uncommon Marisi's Twinclaws, or Bloodbraided Elfs, then if you can pick up some rares, a Blitz Hellion, Knight of New Alara, Glory of Warfare, or Retaliator Griffin. I have yet to see any Naya Mythic Limited bombs, but I like the look of the stuff already spoiled. Very efficient. Combine that with, in shards, commons Steward of Valeron, Rip-Clan Crasher, Sigil's Blessing, Branching Bolt, Wild Nacatl, Elvish Visionary, maybe pull an O-Ring, then uncommon Naya Charm, Wooly Thoctar, Qasali Ambusher, Bull Cerodon, and if you can, pull a mythic Sarhkan or Ajani. ...I wish I could come draft the prerelease lol. I'm still waiting for the other two-thirds, this is going to be bomb. Sorry V, no mono-black for you.

Ooohhhh... Naya Aggro just got Colossal Might, Bolt of Intimidation, and Passed Prosperity Very Happy

Well, that's everything spoiled.

Thats some sexy equipment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alara Reborn Opinions   Alara Reborn Opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alara Reborn Opinions
Page 1 of 1